Elco is a world leader in the 4 pole sub fractional shaded pole motor business and among the largest European PSC and ECM fan motor manufacturers. Today, Elco has a presence in over 80 countries around the world and has a global production in excess of 8.5 million pieces.
Founded outside Milan, Italy in 1946 just after WWII by the Colombo family, Elettromeccanica F.lli Colombo S.p.A. began manufacturing small electric motors that were used for appliances of all sorts.
- 1950: Elco introduces production of shaded pole motors for the refrigeration industry as well as PSC motors, axial fans and centrifugal blowers for the HVAC industry
- 1980’s: Elco establishes themselves as a European leader in small electric motors for the refrigeration and HVAC industries
- New divisions world wide open including Spain, Colombia, Mexico and Brazil to better serve their respective markets.
- 1990’s: Elco founds first Asian sales branch in Singapore, followed by Australia and Dubai (U.A.E) and then opens in 2002 a state of the art plant in China.
- 2006: Elco opens a sales branch in Russia and a production facility in Eastern Europe
The notion of a quality product at a competitive price has not been forgotten over the years. To this day the family owns and operates Elco
with the same principles of excellence that were established back in 1946.
Elco’s North American operation (Elco Canada) was founded in the mid nineteen nineties as a sales branch to tap into the Canadian and American markets. In 2002, Elco added a full scale production plant which boasted low lead time, production flexibility and a first class service. Thanks to its quality products and a strategic alliance with major condensing unit manufacturer, the Elco brand is now appreciated among the leading American and Canadian OEM’s.
If your company has a project of any size, please let us help you realize your motor needs, our facilities allow us to satisfy small, medium and large customers quickly and competitively.